Here’s tonight’s installment on the Girl Genius slaver wasp… last night’s cut is here.
Keep in mind:
- That up there takes serious effort
- It is not rendered in Blender3D yet – what you see there is the renderer in My Favorite Modeling Software (MFMS) – it is nice but not the final product
- The “white” gauge is not white per-se, it is saturated by the renderer’s light that is pretty much behind the scene camera. I don’t care about it enough to change it at the moment
- It is too shiny – I will add dirt and bump-maps to it
- It has no lights yet – those require lamps and radiosity
- It has no gauge decals yet – that might be tricky for me
So – thoughts? I’m not fishing for compliments – I’m asking for input – there is a difference.
I will say this – this exercise has dramatically increased my respect for the Prof’s Foglio and Cheyenne in their work on GG. It was high to begin with but this somehow amplifies it.